My Trending Post is a plugin which searches for Trending Topics on Twitter every hour. It then compares the Trending Topics with your blog post and sends a related tweet when matching it with a corresponding topic.
- An automated tweet from a defined twitter account, with a related link to one of your blog post and the World trending topic (the plugin will check for Trending Topics every hours).
- An hashtag will be added to the link, with the matched topic
- A intuitive algorithm to separate concatenated camel words (e.g. #10FavouriteBands ==> 10 Favourite Bands) and to increase the matching between yours posts and the trending topics (often concatenated)
- The post sent will be flagged and so won’t be sent again until 7 days
Additionally, the Full Version includes:
- The Zone choice between World and any other countries covered by Twitter Trending Topics
- The possibility of enabling/disabling the sending of the tweets
- The possibility of enabling/disabling the sending of an email for each tweet sent (with email address and title settings)
- The possibility of adding a text before the link in the tweet (like hashtag or everything else)
- The possibility of adding a text after the link in the tweet (like hashtag or everything else)
- The possibility to use an url shortener in your tweets (tinyurl or Bit.ly) to prevent exceeding the 140char limit of Twitter
- The choice of a delay before retweeting the same article
- The possibility of excluding one or more categories of article to be tweeted
Any support to this plugin will be made through this page, using the comments below.
Potential Issue : sometime the authentication step failed and send you back to another plugin admin page. This is caused by the other plugin which intercept the callback from Twitter. The solution is to temporarly deactivate the other plugin, do the authentication with My Trending Post and then reactivate the other plugin.
Prerequisite to use this plugin:
- a wordpress blog with several articles on a wide variety of topics will be preferable to find matches between trending topics and your articles.
- a twitter account from which the tweets will be sent. It has not to be your main Twitter account and could be a secondary twitter account if you fear to appear as a spammer
As Twitter has changed its API access, the plugin doesn’t work anymore. I’m currently working on an update. Stay tuned!
This plugin use the Twitter API as it is free. I will not be responsible if the Twitter API become unfree and so, bring to an end of working.